Ryan interviews Jamie Brasseur. Jamie was the first guest on the podcast when it launched earlier this year. I wanted to have Jamie back on for a couple of reasons; firstly, because of how he immediately jumped in to help me out when I was having a hard time a few months ago. I was in a rut and still trying to understand what my role was as the father of a newborn. I posted about it on social media and without hesitation, Jamie called me to check in and chat. That conversation meant the world to me because I know that a lot of dads struggle with the same issues but it is seldom discussed. The other reason is the main topic of the conversation. I asked Jamie what the hardest part of being a dad has been for him. His answer? Time management and balance.
- Kids growing up immersed in technology
- How the most difficult part of parenting can shift depending on the development stage
- Covid exacerbating time management
- How communicating a plan as a couple came about
- Typical day’s priorities
- Not being transactional with your time
- How Jamie’s days are different now that he’s back at work
- Typical afternoon routine with his son
- How things are different today versus last year
- Difficulty juggling working from home
- Incorporating children into chores
- What does being a good parent mean to Jamie?
- How do you want to describe the pandemic to your child in 10-15 years?
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It can help us reach more dads.
For show notes and past guests, please visit daybydaydad.com/day-by-day-dad-podcast.
Interested in sponsoring the podcast? Visit daybydaydad.com/sponsor-form/and fill out the form.
Follow Day by Day Dad: