Ryan interviews Doug Sweet for the second time! Doug is a father of two girls, age 10 and 12. Doug is an officer in the US Army. He has been married to his immensely patient, and thoughtful wife for 17 years. Together the family shares a love of the outdoors, travel and adventure.
Doug currently works as an Officer is the US Army, serving as a Cyberspace Operations Officer. He and his family have had the chance to live in Texas, Germany and Virginia over the course of his career.
Doug works hard to balance the demands of his career with his love of the outdoors and his desire to always “be there” for his family.
- Rules governing screentime in their household
- Providing a phone to his daughter and when was the right time
- Communicating information before it becomes urgent
- Conversations around sharing content and sexting
- Youtube kids
- Where devices are kept
- Pushback on the rules and Doug’s approach
- Showing that the parents respect each other
- Never going to bed angry
- Dinner time
- Turning Survivor into life lessons
- Planning the AT thru-hike
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It can help us reach more dads.
For show notes and past guests, please visit daybydaydad.com/day-by-day-dad-podcast.
Interested in sponsoring the podcast? Visit daybydaydad.com/sponsor-form/and fill out the form.
Follow Day by Day Dad: