Ryan interviews Dave. Dave is Ryan’s cousin and someone Ryan has turned to for advice on a number of different topics including becoming a dad. Dave has a 3 year old daughter. He has some great advice for dads out there who get too caught up in long-term goals and suggests slowing down.
- Dave has been a dad for 3 ½ years and federal employee in learning and development
- What Dave wishes he knew before having a child
- Don’t panic and become overwhelmed, you don’t need to know everything
- Time doesn’t move as quickly as you think and you have time to learn
- Diapers aren’t as gross as you thought
- No need to keep track of every developmental milestone
- How Dave felt when he found out he’d be a dad
- Most exciting time for Dave during the pregnancy
- Expectations when having a daughter
- First few weeks after the baby was born
- Dave’s routine once the baby arrived
- Dave’s wife working shifts and having to balance it
- Activities that Dave shares with his daughter
- The prospect of more children
- Advice for expecting or new dads
- Check in with your partner. You know each other best
- Dave doesn’t have a good dad joke but he talks about some of his favorite goofy moments with his daughter.
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It can help us reach more dads.
For show notes and past guests, please visit daybydaydad.com/day-by-day-dad-podcast.
Interested in sponsoring the podcast? Visit https://daybydaydad.com/sponsor-form/ and fill out the form.
Follow Day by Day Dad: