Mario is a professional drummer and dad of an 8-month-old son. Mario has the opportunity to work from home which adds another dynamic to the conversation. Mario offers a perspective that is different from other dads in part because of his career.
- What Mario wishes he knew before his wife got pregnant.
- The time it took to get pregnant and being surprised.
- The book Mario’s wife bought him: We’re Pregnant! The First Time Dad’s Pregnancy Handbook by Adrian Kulp
- His gig schedule during pregnancy including one-night shows and touring.
- Most exciting time during the pregnancy.
- Pregnancy as a transitional phase.
- Hearing a newborn for the first time and how Mario felt.
- Adjustments Mario made during the pregnancy to reconnect with his wife.
- First gig after his son’s birth.
- Adjustments to working at a rented studio so as not to play drums in the house.
- How Mario made sure to be present when at home.
- Leaving to tour for 3 weeks.
- Mario’s memories that he shares from the road.
- Ryan’s travel schedule for work.
- The upside of being home right now during a pandemic.
- Bobby Bazini: http://www.bobbybazini.com/
- Staying in shape since the baby was born.
- Mario’s workout routine.
- Balancing your time and your interests with your partner.
- Mario’s father-son time in the morning.
- Sympathy weight and how Mario tracks his weight.
- Mario’s current projects.
- Mario’s advice for new dads and expecting dads.
Mario’s website: http://mariotelaro.com
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It can help us reach more dads.
For show notes and past guests, please visit daybydaydad.com/day-by-day-dad-podcast.
Interested in sponsoring the podcast? Visit daybydaydad.com/sponsor-form/and fill out the form.
Follow Day by Day Dad: