Ryan interviews Daniel Vanson. Daniel has a 19-month old son and he recently lost his father. Ryan lost his father in November 2020 as well. Daniel reached out to discuss the loss of a father and agreed to record the conversation as an episode of the Day by Day Dad Podcast.
Daniel’s bio: Daniel is the lucky father to Aaron, his 19 month old boy. Daniel is a high school special education teacher, and in his free time he run an online social media cooking page called A Canadians Cooking where he inspires people to try some new things in the kitchen! Becoming a dad has been one of the best experiences in his life so far. It’s been full of ups and downs, but truly one of the most rewarding things in the world is to see his son’s smile in the morning!
- How long have you been a dad?
- Have you always wanted to be a dad?
- What’s the most enjoyable part of being a dad for you?
- What’s the hardest part?
- Tell us about your dad and your relationship.
- When did your dad get sick?How did you spend time with him before he passed?
- Do you regret not doing anything before?
- How did you speak to your kids about his passing?
- What have you done to cope with the grief?
- Tell me about your process of mourning him?
- How do you make sure to remember him and honor his memory?
Daniel on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/acanadianscooking/
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts? It can help us reach more dads. Please consider supporting the podcast by going to https://patreon.com/daybydaydad
For show notes and past guests, please visit daybydaydad.com/day-by-day-dad-podcast.
Interested in sponsoring the podcast? Visit daybydaydad.com/sponsor-form/and fill out the form.
Follow Day by Day Dad: